Lodging around Daytona Beach is pretty easy to find……as this is a tourist town and set up to accommodate. To find perfect lodgings in Daytona – you do need to ask yourself a few questions. What do you need to enjoy your vacation? Kitchen? Washer – Dryer? Nice Pool? Oceanfront ?? Economical?? These are the types of lodgings that are most frequently found::
· Vacation Rental – Condo Rentals
· Vacation Rental – Home Rentals
Vacation Rentals – Condo Rentals A condo at a resort location that is rented out by owner. Typically, will save you money over renting thru front desk. Most condos have some kitchen facilities and possibly washer-dryer in condo or laundry facility on site as well. Usually will be geared towards travelers, typically will have superior amenities that are shared with rest of resort guests – can include indoor or outdoor pools, tiki bars, dining facilities – spa facilities, restaurants and/or workout facilities. A resort situation typically will be more tolerant of noise, unusual hours and children. Typically you will be able to see pictures of the room and know where it is in the building before arrival and can be particular when choosing your room based on what owners have to offer. Room furnishings, type and conditions vary from owner to owner, so get as much information as you can and try to get referrals if possible. May have restrictions on rental dates.
Vacation Rentals – Home Rentals A home rental will be a non-resort location. Can be free standing home or in a multi unit building. Typically, you will have the greatest amount of privacy at this type of location, but you may sacrifice amenities. If in a multi unit building, you are at the mercy of other others in the building and must behave as they require. Typically you will be able to see pictures of the room and know where it is in the building before arrival and can be particular when choosing your room based on what owners have to offer. Room furnishings, type and conditions vary from owner to owner, so get as much information as you can and try to get referrals if possible. May have restrictions on rental dates.
Hotels/Motels A Hotel – Motel will be the most expensive option. You will normally see your room when you arrive, and often can negotiate to get a better location if you are not happy with room location. You will expect to have amenities similar to what you find in a resort. You will not normally have a washer – dryer or kitchen facilities. You will normally find some sort of restaurant or snack shop on site. No restrictions on rental dates. I am often asked for hotel numbers and locations of hotels and motels in the area, I also like to refer people around special events because condos do tend to book up early for events. Here is a list of hotels-motels, broken into locations…. Ask if you have additional questions.
· Hilton Daytona Beach (formerly the Adams Mark), 100 North Atlantic Ave., +1 386 254-8200, [See Here]. 724 rooms.
· Americano Beach Resort, 1260 N. Atlantic Ave. Phone: (386) 255-7431, [See Here]. Spa, fitness center, sauna and game room. Offering Family, Corporate, Teacher, Medical, Hospitality and Group discount rates.
· Beaches Oceanfront Resort, 1299 South Atlantic Avenue, +1 386 248-1447, Fax: +1 386 248-1408, [see here]. Large oceanfront pool and kiddie pool too. All oceanfront rooms with private balconies.
· Bermuda House 2560 N Atlantic Ave., Phone: (386) 672-1440, Toll Free: 1(800) 584-3017. [see here]. 138 Rooms.
· Boardwalk Inn & Suites, 301 South Atlantic Ave., +1 386 253-8300, Fax: +1 386 255-8277, [See Here]. 101 Rooms.
· Ocean Walk Resort, 300 North Atlantic Ave., +1 386 323-4800, [See Here].
· Travelodge Ocean Jewels Resort, 935 South Atlantic Avenue, +1 386 252-2581, Fax: +1 386 257-3608
· Plaza Resort and Spa, 600 North Atlantic Ave., +1 386 255-4471, [See Here]. 313 rooms.
· Atlantic Economy Inn, 808 South Atlantic Ave., Phone: +1 386 252-4083.
· Conch House, 700 North Atlantic Ave. Phone: +1 386 255-3411, Toll Free: +1-800 584-3017 [See Here]. 80 rooms.
· Pleasure Isle Motel, 1412 S. Atlantic Ave. Phone: +1 386 252-0266.
· Red Carpet Inn, 1400 North Atlantic Ave., Phone: +1 386 255-4588.
· Saxony Inn 35 South Ocean Avenue, Phone: +1 386 252-4703, Toll Free: +1 800 584-3017 [See Here]. 27 rooms.
· Seaside Inn, 500 N. Atlantic Avenue, Phone: (386) 253-2562 [See Here]. 97 rooms.
· Skyway Motel, 906 South Atlantic Ave., Phone: +1 386 252-7377.
· Super 8 Oceanfront 133 South Ocean Avenue, Toll Free: +1 800 584-3017 [See Here]. 76 rooms.
· Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 930 North Atlantic Ave., +1 386 255-5494, [See Here].
· La Playa Resort, 2500 North Atlantic Ave., +1 386 672-0990, [See Here]. 238 rooms.
· Mayan Inn, 103 S Ocean Avenue, +1 386 252-2378, Toll-free: +1 800 448-2286 [See here]. 110 rooms.
· Plaza Ocean Club, 640 North Atlantic Ave., +1 386 239-9800, [See Here]. 206 rooms.
· Daytona Inn Beach Resort, 219 South Atlantic Ave., +1 386 252-3626, Fax: +1 386 255-3680, [See Here].
· Desert Inn, 900 North Atlantic Ave. +1 386 258-6555. [See Here] Offers pool, restaurant, and lounge
· Fountain Beach Resort, 313 South Atlantic Ave., +1 386 255-7491, Fax: +1 386 255-6667, [See Here]. 129 rooms.
· Harbour Beach Resort, 701 South Atlantic Ave. . Is an oceanfront hotel. Accommodations offer kitchen and a private balcony. Most of the 159 flats are rented out by their individual owners [See Here], while timeshare operator Westgate  rents out the remaining 24. The property is currently under renovation.
· Daytona Bahama House, 2001 S. Atlantic Ave., “+1 800″ 571-2001, [See Here]
Beachside – Across Street form Beach — Cheap
· Alpine Court Motel, 518 S. Atlantic Ave., Phone: (386) 255-8558. Family owned Motel is in walking distance to restaurants, gift shops and movies. Few steps to the Ocean.
· Beachside Budget Inn, 1717 North Atlantic Ave., Phone: +1 386 258-6238.
· Happy Holiday Motel, 1617 N. Atlantic Ave. Phone: +1 386 252-9866.
· Motel 777, 2401 North Atlantic Ave., Phone: +1 386 255-9920.
· Side O Sea Motel, 1451 N. Atlantic Ave. Phone: +1 386 252-3335.
· Lou-Ray Motel [See Here], 400 South Atlantic Ave., Phone: (386) 253-7202. Economical, two story property offers 14 rooms for lodging.
· Skyway Motel, 906 South Atlantic Ave., Phone: +1 386 252-7377.
· Streamline Hotel, 140 South Atlantic Ave., Phone: +1 386 258-6937.
Mainland - Speedway
· Courtyard Daytona Beach, 1605 Richard Petty Blvd., +1 386 255-3388, Fax: +1 386 255-3391, [See Here].
· Holiday Inn Express, 2620 Int’l Speedway Boulevard, +1 386 258-6333, [See Here].
· Ramada Inn Daytona Beach, 1798 International Speedway, +1 800 272-6232, [See here].
· Residence Inn Daytona Beach, 1725 Richard Petty Blvd, +1 386 252-3949, Fax: +1 386 252-2725, [See Here].
· Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, 220 Bill France Blvd. Phone: +1 386 274-4200, Toll Free: +1-800 424-6423 [See here]. Guests of this Daytona Beach, FL extended stay hotel will enjoy relaxing in the hotel’s year-round outdoor heated pool. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like computer hook-ups, voice mail and access to copy and fax services.
Mainland – US 1
· America’s Best Value [See Here], 1305 S. Ridgewood Ave., Phone: (386) 252-1142. Economy motel
· Budget Inn of Daytona Beach, 640 South Ridgewood Ave., Phone: +1 386 252-4647.centrally located.
· Heritage Inn, 1100 South Ridgewood Ave. Phone: +1 386 255-7000.
· Parkway Motel, 1369 South Ridgewood Ave. Phone: +1 386 252-6413. Rooms with phones, fridges and microwave. Two miles to beach and race track. Golf and Restaurants nearby. Trailer parking.
· Relax Inn, 1225 South Ridgewood Ave., Phone: +1 386 253-5941.
· Royal Beach Motel, 1601 South Atlantic Ave., Phone: +1 386 255-8341 [See Here]. 46 rooms.
· Royal Inn, 810 South Ridgewood Ave., Phone: +1 386 255-7536.
· Sandman Inn, 1327 South Ridgewood Ave., Phone: +1 386 255-4140.
He remembers what I was wearing the first time we met in 1990.
He remembers what I was doing – where I was sitting – what I was reading the moment he first saw me.
He gave me my first diamond…I was 35.
His eye follows blondes.
His mother was an opera singer.
He loves his dogs.
He is not afraid of anything.
He is a salesman – he sells me something everyday.
He fell in love with me before I fell in love with him.
He always introduces himself to our bartender or waitress and he also introduces me.
He talks on the phone more than any woman I know.
He always wears Ralph Lauren aftershave and he always smells so good.
He shaves in the shower –
He owns a $600 Burberry fitted white oxford shirt and he has not worn it in 10 years.
He is kind.
He is the only man I have ever danced with.
I have seen him cry.
He will always give the homeless man on the corner the largest bill in his pocket.
He saves his change.
He remembers to take vitamins and supplements everyday.
He makes the bed everyday.
He remembers the name of every dog that he has met.
On our first date – he invited me away for a weekend.
The first night we spent the night together – he made me promise that we would never go to bed angry.
He was there when I got the phone call that my children’s father committed suicide.
He has tried to be a good dad since that day.
He is able to recall past conversations in detail.
When his father was terminally ill he made time to be with him everyday.
If he wants something – he will work hard to get it.
He will order for me if we go to a nice restaurant.
He made me try Tarra Mousalata and I loved it.
He always orders calamari as an appetizer – he thinks that I like it.
He likes to make dinner for me .
He likes to sit in front of a fire in the winter.
He makes me “Hot drinks” when I am sick – with Brandy – honey and lemon and they work.
He was alter boy.
He loves throwing parties.
He is a happy drunk.
He is happy with a plastic Christams Tree.
He likes when all of the kids are home for holidays.
He brings home flowers for no reason….or so he says.
He was a friend of my x-husband.
He still talks to my x-husband – he calls him his x-husband in law….
He wanted me to have a rolex to remind me that time is precious.
My best friend compared my engagement ring to hers and determined that my 1 carat diamond appeared smaller than hers because my “table” was so small… so he promptly upgraded it to a 2 carat.
When I put my arm around him in the middle of the night to hug him – he always hugs me back.
He wakes himself up at 6AM every morning without an alarm.
If he uses an alarm clock he gets up on the first ring.
His pet peeve is that I hit the alarm every morning at least 3 times.
He makes friends easily.
He is a good father.
He can not keep a secret.
He shops everyday.
He loves Costco
He loves Sams Club
He arranges a father – son fishing trip every year.
He loves my sister’s boyfriend and calls him “brother-in-law”
He is nice to my mother.
Today is the 10 year anniversary of our 1st date…..
Like our friends said when we first got together ….
Wonders Never Cease !!
Happy Anniversary Baby !!!